Who We Are:
Starface is reinventing the way we care for acne-prone skin, as the first complexion brand to combine efficacy and optimism.
Our Mission is changing the conversation around acne. We are here to normalize and destigmatize.
Starface is where complexion meets confidence and authenticity. We take skincare concerns that were once thought of as flaws and translate them into an opportunity for expression.
The Director of Customer Experience will ensure that all communications to our customers are prompt, empathetic, tracked and reported to the rest of the organization. As the representative of our customers, the Director of Customer Experience will advise other areas of the business -- partnerships, product development and marketing -- on how best to meet the customer’s needs. This will require both a qualitative and quantitative approach to translating the customer’s voice and the voice of the Starface community to stakeholders.
- Lead and develop the entire organization on building an elevated customer experience and engagement through email, chat, SMS, social media platforms as well as support wholesale accounts and 3rd-party retailers.
- Define and measure KPIs for customer experience, including but not limited to CX response times, CSAT scores, customer reviews and comments on social media posts.
- Ensure all customer support issues are recorded and quantified, reported on weekly and monthly and shared broadly with the Starface team.
- Work closely with the Social Media team, Associate Community Manager and PR teams to manage our community on social media (paid and organic); respond to comments, direct messages and mentions.
- Work collaboratively with brand, operations, marketing, and product development teams for new product launches.
- Manage our off-shore customer support team including training and reporting.
- Work closely with our VP of Operations to track issues and improve processes with our 3PL.
- Surface common questions and concerns to Product Development and Marketing departments to help inform marketing education and materials.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to conduct customer interviews and research.
- Responsible for drafting requirements, sourcing and implementing customer service tools and infrastructure.
- Responsible for managing customer service touch points on the Starface website including FAQs and Contact us pages.
- Work collaboratively with Sr. Product Manager, Growth in launching new community initiatives such as referral, loyalty, subscription and student discount programs.
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years of Customer Experience Leadership in the direct-to-consumer space.
- Ability to successfully lead and manage local and offshore teams.
- Team player/collaborative and positive attitude.
- Must have a high level of integrity and flexibility to adjust in fast-paced and changing environments.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Understanding the importance of the customer and passion for building the best customer experience.
- Passion for beauty/skincare a plus.
Starface is an Equal Opportunity Employer where the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. We believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Starface is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.