WHO WE ARE:
Starface World is reinventing the way we care for acne-prone skin as the first complexion brand to combine efficacy and optimism. We take skincare concerns that were once thought of as flaws and translate them into an opportunity for expression.
Starface World is a positively uplifting place where everyone is safe & accepted exactly as they are. We support causes and do our own work in the world to help build a better, more supportive universe. The same thinking applies to the way we care for skin: we don’t identify flaws or imperfections, we just nurture what’s there—it’s perfect because it’s all just skin.
Our team is a small (but growing) group of committed individuals who are passionate, empathetic, creative, and eager to learn. We are committed to a sustained focus on diversity, equity, anti-racism, and inclusion.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are looking for a Director of Retail Account Management to lead the expansion of our retail presence globally and help us bring new customers into the Starface universe. The Director of Retail Account Management will be responsible for both the management and execution of daily retail operations and strategic initiatives across all of our US and UK retailers. You will need to be highly organized, detailed-oriented, self-motivated, and have the ability to juggle many tasks and solve problems creatively and efficiently. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and has a “no task is too small” attitude.
- Manage weekly sell-thru reporting, highlighting overperforming and underperforming SKUs and creating action plans as well as analyzing data for demand planning.
- Manage product profiles, creative assets, and copy for e-commerce presence.
- Track KPIs for our various retail channels, providing input on sales targets, KPIs and expenses, in partnership with VP.
- Pitch and secure additional in-store space and in-store brand exposure.
- Prepare line review presentations for retail buyers to pitch new products in development.
- Manage the sell-in process, monitoring and reviewing all purchase orders. Ensure all incoming PO’s accurately reflect our forecasts and sell-thru rate, and highlight any discrepancies (under or overpurchases).
- Manage inventory allocation between retailers based on purchase orders and forecasting.
- Set up products in retailers’ systems and maintain product details.
Retailer Relationship Management:
- Manage day-to-day operations of our retail channels in the US and UK.
- Lead weekly meetings with our retail partners and sales agencies, serving as liaison between retailers and the rest of Starface team.
- Work with Starface Operations and Starface’s fulfillment centers to oversee order fulfillment and retail routing compliance.
- Coordinate with Marketing team and retailers to launch in-store and online marketing initiatives and promotional events.
- Work with Product and Operations teams on timelines to determine retail launch timings for new products and inventory forecasts.
- Manage electronic data interchange (EDI) integrations with retailers and fulfillment centers.
- Manage the coordination, administration and communication of retail specific programs, initiatives, projects, processes or other information across all Starface teams.
- 5+ years of experience working at or with mass retailers, bonus if in beauty or consumer packaged goods.
- Familiarity with retail routing guides and operations compliance requirements is a plus.
- Data-driven with strong analytic skills and proficiency in excel.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership and team-oriented skills, with the ability to develop and manage a direct report.
- Experience in project management with ability to work cross-functionally.
- Passion for brick & mortar retail and the customer experience.
- Ability to be flexible and agile with constant changes and time restraints.
- Experience working in a smaller, high-growth company is a plus.
- A love of skincare!
Starface is an Equal Opportunity Employer where the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. We believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Starface is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.