Who We Are:
Starface is reinventing the way we care for acne-prone skin, as the first complexion brand to combine efficacy and optimism.
Our Mission is changing the conversation around acne. We are here to normalize and destigmatize.
Starface is where complexion meets confidence and authenticity. We take skincare concerns that were once thought of as flaws and translate them into an opportunity for expression.
We are a small (but growing) group of committed individuals looking for a collaborative, insightful Director of Engineering to be part of the Starface team.
The Starface Director of Engineering will be responsible for ensuring Starface’s ecommerce presence and integrations are optimized for growth and ready to scale. The Director of Engineering will be responsible for bringing the Starface brand to life on our ecommerce sites and marketing channels, as well as working with our operations team to build and maintain integrations with tools and services. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, likes building things from the ground up and is looking for an opportunity to grow.
Who You Are:
- You have experience working in ecommerce and prioritize the importance of a performance-optimized retail experience.
- You appreciate good design and enjoy bringing branded experiences to life.
- You want to grow into a leadership role within the company and have a desire to help us scale both our business operations and tech stack.
- You have strong communications skills and are capable of translating complex technical problems to non-technical stakeholders across the company.
- You thrive working collaboratively, specifically with Product and Marketing teams to find and build cost-efficient technical solutions to business problems.
- You want to work for an organization with a commitment and sustained focus to diversity, equity, anti-racism, and inclusion.
- You are empathetic, confident, curious, creative, patient, and eager to learn.
- You are organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, with an ability to juggle multiple conversations and solve problems efficiently and thoughtfully.
- You are a creative problem solver with a “no task is too small” attitude.
- You love skincare!
- Design and implementation of the overall web architecture
- Ensure the performance and scalability of Starface ecommerce site, tools, database and integrations.
- Manage development resources cost efficiently to build and maintain our tech stack with minimal tech debt.
- Oversee “Pixel-perfect” implementation of our approved user interface with experience optimizing for mobile devices.
- Maintenance of continuous integration and deployment for ecommerce storefront, inventory management, 3PL and marketing tools.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- At least three years’ experience with:
- A relevant back-end programming language Node JS.
- Database design and management, including a workable knowledge and skills in the latest practices.
- Server management and deployment for the relevant environment.
- REST APIs
- Experience working in ecommerce with added bonus to experience with Shopify and marketing tools such as Klaviyo, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager.
- Experience with inventory management systems such as Cin7.
- Familiarity with a relevant and globally supported framework—both front-end and back-end.
- Ideally, familiarity with CSS preprocessors, bundlers, and associated languages/syntaxes/libraries
- Thorough understanding of user experience and product strategy.
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Passion for clean and well documented code.
Starface is an Equal Opportunity Employer where the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. We believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Starface is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.