Starface - Marketing Associate - Job Description
Position: Marketing Associate
Location: New York City
Status: Full Time
Starts: As soon as identified
Who We Are:
Starface is a new skincare brand, here to make treating breakouts, scars, and spots fun.
We are a small (but growing) group of committed individuals looking for a collaborative, insightful marketer to be part of the founding team that brings Starface to life.
As a Marketing Associate at Starface, you’ll be tasked with owning a variety of projects to help launch and grow the brand– the first of which will be to develop and optimize our customer experience. Let’s face it, no successful business exists without happy customers. Whether it is via email or social media, you’ll be on the front lines talking to the consumer, soliciting their feedback, and righting any wrongs– all the while searching for ways to improve their experience.
Your second major focus will be to create and manage our ambassador network. It will be your mission to empower a community of brand advocates to help spread the good word about Starface. Your goal will be to turn customer interactions into evangelism, in an operationally efficient way. This role will report directly to our co-founders.
Who You Are:
- You f*ck with Starface in general.
- You have 0-2 year’s professional experience.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree.
- You are a clear and warm communicator with a passion for providing customers with best-in-class care.
- You are proficient across social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Snapchat.
- You are fluent in Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- You are organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, with an ability to juggle multiple conversations and solve problems efficiently and thoughtfully.
- You are empathetic, confident, curious, creative, patient, and eager to learn.
- You have a “no task is too small” attitude.
- You are familiar and knowledgeable with the skincare industry (not required, but preferred).
- You are gritty.
Be the voice of Starface on the front lines, conversing with customers about our brand, mission, and product across all of our communication channels.
Proactively build and foster a community of Starface brand ambassadors via social media.
- Engage with customers daily via e-mail and social media, with the goal of providing them with quick solutions and unique attention like they've never received from a skincare brand before.
- Work directly with co-founders to ensure messaging is “on brand,” up-to-date, and effective.
- Synthesize customer feedback; advocate needs internally and work collaboratively with product, operations, and manufacturing to push us to enhance our customer experience.
Identify opportunities for increased productivity and efficiency through new software and adjusted processes. Own the roadmap for building scalability into our CX systems as we grow.
- Interface with our 3PL as needed to fulfill re-orders and samples.
- Define the work culture of Starface. You’re our first ever full-time hire. The vibe depends on you.
- Be open and ready to take on more. We are an early stage startup with ever-changing demands!
Hours and Compensation:
Full-Time. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Marketing Associate - [Your Name]” in the subject line and include a ~250 word cover letter on why you’re excited about Starface and this opportunity. We look forward to meeting you!